The Bronx Recovery Corps
In spring 2021, Lehman College, in collaboration with HERE to HERE, launched the Bronx Recovery Corps (BRC) as a model to integrate learning from work into students’ academic pathways, providing an integrated youth talent development opportunity for first generation college students while infusing the Bronx with essential supports and services to support the borough’s economic recovery. The Bronx Recovery Corps incorporates four key elements that meet the twofold purpose of setting Lehman students on a path to career success and contributing to the borough's and city’s economic recovery. The four elements of the Recovery Corps experience are: (1) employer engagement; (2) community engagement; (3) academic credit; and (4) career preparation.
Prospective BRC Fellows
The Bronx Recovery Corps:
- provides Lehman students with the opportunity to contribute to the economic recovery of the Bronx and NYC.
- supports students who already are contributing in essential roles.
- prepares and positions students for future career and civic success!
Student fellows will gain:
- technical skills
- academic credit
- work experience
- career preparation support
- engagement in/with the community
- Selected Lehman students with work positions, receive career support services and academic credit for CED 105 (Introduction to Cooperative Education and Career Development).
- Selected Lehman students without work positions are guaranteed a match with one of our community partners, receive career support services and academic credit for CED 105.
- Students who are matched work 10 hours per week, for 10 weeks in the fall and 10 weeks in the spring, and are paid $17 per hour.
As a Lehman student, to be eligible for the Bronx Recovery Corps, you must:
- Be a freshman or sophomore in fall 2021
- Be enrolled or plan to enroll in fall 2021 and plan to enroll in spring 2022
- Be able to attend virtual career and community engagement workshops during the fall semester
- Be able to register for CED 105 in spring 2022
The Bronx Recovery Corps is a one-year commitment for Lehman students, past Bronx Recovery Corps fellows may not reapply.
Once the page loads, use your Lehman CUNYfirst login credentials to access the application.
Need Help? Email email@example.com
BRC Info Sessions
Have questions? Sign up to attend a virtual information session to learn more!
07/13/21: 10am & 2pm
07/20/21: 10am & 2pm
07/21/21: 10am & 2pm
07/22/21: 10am & 2pm
Meeting ID: 813 6190 0674
Can't attend an info session? Join us during our IPCE Virtual Office Hours!
Sign up for the resume workshop below!
08/05/21: 3PM - Diane Machado
ID: 840 3769 0276
Can't attend the resume workshop? Call the Career Exploration & Development Center at 718-960-8366 to schedule an appointment with an advisor.
- July 19 & August 5, 2021: Resume Workshops
- August 9, 2021:
- August 17 to August 19, 2021: Group Interviews
- August 30, 2021: Employer Interview Prep
- September 1 to September 8, 2021: Employer Interviews
- September 21 & September 22, 2021: BRC Training
- September 27, 2021: BRC Work Begins
* Dates are subject to change