See under Lehman Academy, Children and Teens
See under Lehman Academy, Children and Teens
New Act Preparation
(Math Only) Gr 11, 12
Prepare for the May 5 ACT! Students are engaged in extensive math practice and drills while in class and are taught strategies to use while taking theexam. Please bring textbook: Barron’s 6 ACT Practice Tests, 2nd Edition.
- YPP202 5 sessions / 10 hours / LEHC / $115
New Act Preparation (Verbal only) Gr 11, 12
Prepare for the May 5 ACT! This course helps prepare students for the ACT. All verbal topics in therevised exam are covered; writing, including theessay and questions on grammar and usage; andcritical reading. Test-taking strategies are included. Please bring textbook: Barron’s 6 ACT PracticeTests, 2nd Edition.
YPP203 5 sessions / 10 hours / LEHC / $115
Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Preparation
GRE Pre-Test Required: $20*
Call 718-960-8512 to make appointment if you cannot come on Mon, Feb 6 or Wed, Jun 7. *$20 is applied towards registration for class. This GRE preparation course offers quality instruction and is a review of all sections of the exam-verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning and analytical writing are covered. First session is dedicated to pre-test evaluation. The GRE is offered year-round. Textbook, The Princeton Review-Cracking the GRE Premium, 2017 Edition should be brought to the 1st session.
- GRE12 10 sessions / 30 hours / LEHC / $399
- Real Estate Salesperson Course
See under Professional Licensure
- Notary Public Exam Preparation
See Under Professional Licensure
- Non-Profit Management and PMP Project Management Online
See under Online Learning
An integrated comprehensive math skills program designed to assist adult learners as they transition into a college degree program. The primary emphasis of this program is to provide a review and test preparation for the CUNY Assessment exams required for admission to The City of New York/Lehman Adult Degree Program.
ACT Math BOOTCAMP
This course reinforces pre-algebra skills through intensive drills, assignments and classroom activities. It is open only to Adult Degree Program (ADP) students who did not pass Part 1 of the CUNY Assessment Test in Math. Once you pass the course, you will be admitted to MAT 030: Elementary Algebra. You will need permission of your
to take this course. Steck-Vaughn’s GED Mathematics from Amazon must be brought to class.
No discount applies to this course.
CBP 52 (24 sessions) LEHC
This course emphasizes algebra skills through
intensive drills, assignments and classroom activities.
It is only open to Adult Degree Program (ADP)
students who did not pass Part 2 of the CUNY Assessment
Test in Math or who completed CBP 52
(Boot-Camp) with a passing grade. You will need
permission of your ADP advisor to take this course
if you have not already passed CBP 52.No discount applies to this course.
MAT 030 (24 sessions) LEHC (24 sessions)College-Level Exam Prep (CLEP)
Earn College Credit. Achieve Your Goals.
The College Board’s College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) has been the most widely trusted credit-by-examination program for nearly 50 years, accepted by 2,900 colleges and universities and administered in more than 1,800 test centers. These exams allow students to test their mastery of college-level material in introductory subjects and earn college credit. Students can earn credit and get closer to achieving their educational goals by earning qualifying scores on one or more CLEP exams.
When you take a CLEP exam, you can select the institution that should receive your scores. An official score report will automatically be forwarded to the school. You will also receive an unofficial copy of your score for your records immediately after the examination (except for College Composition). If you do not indicate where you would like your score sent when you register, you can always request a transcript at a later time for a fee. Just submit the Transcript Request Form - it’s available on the CLEP website.
How do I prepare for the CLEP?
Information on CLEP exam practice materials can be found on the CLEP website.
I’m ready to take a CLEP exam.
Visit clep.collegeboard.org to sign in to your College Board account or create an account. Once logged in, register for a CLEP exam online. After you complete registration, make an appointment at our test center. For information on office hours and test dates, please visit our website or contact our office.
Test Center at Lehman College
School of Continuing & Professional Studies SCPS
CUNY on the Concourse - Test Center
2501 Grand Concourse, 3rd fl oor,
Bronx, NY 10468
718-960-6900 or 718-960-8512
- Pay exam fee at clep.collegeboard.org
CLEP Exam Fee: $80 Payments by credit card (preferably) or money order, made payable to “CLEP”
- Schedule your test in advance by paying the administration fee for the test center: $49 Nonrefundable credit card or money order payable to “Lehman College“, see below for payment options:
- In person at CUNY on the Concourse (2501 Grand Concourse, 3rd floor, Bronx) or
- Call us on 718-960-6900 for payment and scheduling
Available CLEP Exams
Lehman College provides credit for successful scores on several CLEP exams. The following table lists the exam(s) for which credit is granted and the equivalent course you would bypass at Lehman College. Other colleges have different course and credit equivalents; please consult with the specific college for details.
Subject CLEP Exam Title Lehman Course Equivalent/s
- American Government POL 166 (3crs)
- American Literature ENG 227 (3crs)
- Analyzing International Literature ENG 222 (3crs)
- Business Law BBA 336 (3crs)
- Calculus MAT 175 (4crs) & MAT 176 (4crs)
- College Algebra MAT 104 (3crs)
- College Composition ENG 111 (3crs)
- College Mathematics MAT 135 (3crs)
- Educational Psychology *PSY 9999 (3crs)
- English Literature ENG 223 (3crs)
- Financial Accounting *ACC 9999 (3crs)
- General Biology BIO 166 (4crs) & BIO 167 (4crs)
- General Chemistry CHE 166/167(5crs) & CHE 168/169(5crs)
- History of the U.S. I HIS 243 (3crs)
- History of the U.S. II HIS 244 (3crs)
- Human Growth & Development HIN 268 (3crs)
- Humanities HUM 250 (3crs)
- Information Systems CIS 211 (4crs)
- Introductory Psychology PSY 166 (3crs)
- Introductory Sociology SOC 166 (3crs)
- Natural Science *GEO 9999 (4crs)
- Pre-Calculus MAT 172 (4crs)
- Principles of Macro-Economics ECO 166 (3crs)
- Principles of Marketing BBA 332 (3crs)
- Principles of Management BBA 204 (3crs)
- Principles of Micro-Economics ECO 167 (3crs)
- Social Science and History *SOC 9999 (3crs) & *HIS 9999 (3crs)
- Western Civilization I HIS 246 (3crs)
- Western Civilization II HIS 247 (3crs)
- Languages: French, Spanish or German No credit granted at Lehman
*Note that courses numbered 9999 may not be considered as an exact equivalent, but will count as elective credit at Lehman College.