Job Opportunities - All Positions are Part Time
Swimming Coordinator/Lehman College Continuing Education
Job Title: CE Swimming Coordinator
Location: Lehman College- School for Continuing and Professional Studies
Status: Part-Time Hourly
The Continuing Education Swimming Coordinator manages a tuition-based community swimming program at Lehman College in the Bronx serving 150-200 adult students per semester. We are looking for a part-time coordinator to help us grow the program.
Swimming Staff Recruitment and Management
• Recruit new staff and lifeguards needed to staff Swimming Program
• Collect and maintain records of staff and lifeguard credentials
• Implement instructor and lifeguard hiring process to meet hiring deadlines
• Train new staff on swim program process and procedures
• Facilitate administrative training of new teachers, including CE procedures regarding payroll
(time sheets), student attendance, grade reports, general CUNY and Lehman policies related to
student and faculty behavior, etc.
• Ensure all staff have campus clearance to access APEX before classes start
• Monitor staff compliance with APEX and CE protocol
• Observe faculty swim lesson within first month of onboarding
• Manage swimming staff schedule and substitutions
• Lead student online orientation each semester
• Communicate students' covid requirements to access APEX facility to perspective students.
• Ensure all students complete digital student swim waiver
• Collaborate with registrar & LVA (Location Vaccine Authority) to ensure students receive CUNY
Access Pass before classes start
• Troubleshooting student concerns during course
• Liaison with APEX Aquatics Director on schedule and policy matters
• Liaison with Registrar and Director on course operations and enrollment matters.
• Schedule classes each semester to meet community demand and participate in bi-annual
• Monitor website and brochure to ensure courses are published correctly for the public
• Manage course enrollment and staffing in system database
• American Red Cross - WSI or equivalent swimming instructor certification
• American Red Cross CPR or equivalent certification
• At least 5 years' experience providing swimming lessons of all levels
• Excellent computer and administrative skills (MS Office 365 and Zoom Skills a plus).
• Superior communication and interpersonal skills
• Hybrid position
Must meet CUNY COVID Requirements to access campus and pool located at 250
Bedford Park Blvd West, Bronx NY
Must have stable internet and device to perform remote administrative tasks
Must have Evening/ Weekend availability to support classes and staff
Instructional time is paid $40.66 per hour. Additional compensation for coordination is available as a profit share. It can range from $2,000-$4,000+ per semester, depending on program size. All compensation is paid as a W2 employee at a part-time hourly rate.
Please send a copy of your swimming-related certifications and experience to Brenda Perez at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Swimming Coordinator.