We are pleased to announce that Lehman College’s 2022 Commencement ceremony will be held on campus and in-person
at 10 a.m. on Thursday, May 26.
We look forward to celebrating the hard work of the Class of ’22 this spring!
JOIN US FOR A COMMENCEMENT WEBINAR!
This meeting will be an overview of commencement day logistics and guidelines to follow for graduates. We will review and provide an opportunity for everyone to ask questions and be prepared for what to expect on the day of the event.
Each 1 HOUR session is an excellent source of information for your family and guests!
Click on the links below to register for the webinars.
May 17, 2022, 04:00 PM: Registration Link
May 18, 2022, 07:00 PM: Registration Link
ATTEND THE CEREMONY
Confirm your participation in graduation via the Marching Order System and claim guest tickets (REQUIRED)
You will receive an e-mail and web link that will allow you to confirm your participation in the graduation ceremony. It is critical that you respond to this e-mail to ensure that appropriate seating arrangements are made for graduates.
As a reminder, guests must have tickets to the ceremony to be admitted. For help in claiming your guest tickets, view our quick instructional guide: How to confirm your event attendance and claim guest tickets.
Guest tickets may only be claimed between Friday, April 15 through 3 p.m. Monday, May 2. An additional ticket window will be opened between Monday, May 9, through 3 p.m. Monday, May 16.
Upload your photo and personal message via Marching Order (OPTIONAL): The deadline to Submit a Picture and Message is May 4th.
Marching Order is a software system that will allow students participating in the ceremony to upload a personal photo and create a special message to share with family and friends that will appear on large screens prior to and throughout commencement day. All students who filed for graduation through CUNYFirst will receive registration instructions at their Lehman e-mail address.
Time and Place
CUNY requires all students accessing campus to be vaccinated. Therefore, students are required to be vaccinated unless they have a medical exemption or religious exception on file to participate in commencement. Although, All unvaccinated graduates have the opportunity to attend commencement should they choose to.
1. If you are unvaccinated and wish to attend commencement, get tested at a CUNY testing site no more than 7-days prior to commencement. The tests take approximately 48-hours to return a result so plan accordingly to ensure your results are back before commencement day. Locations and hours of operation for CUNY testing sites can be found here: https://www.cuny.edu/coronavirus/cuny-covid-19-testing-site-locations/. You will need to claim and activate your Cleared4 account prior to getting tested using your personal link. For issues accessing your personal link, please reach out to either Ashmini Hiralall at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dugeidy Ortiz at Dugeidy.Ortiz@lehman.cuny.edu.
2. Be prepared to show your Lehman ID card, either physical or digital copy, along with your negative COVID-19 test from a CUNY testing site to gain entry to the campus on the day of commencement.
3. Mask up. While not required, we urge all unvaccinated graduates to wear a mask for the duration on campus per the CUNY mask policy. More information on the mask policy can be found here: https://www.cuny.edu/coronavirus/university-updates/mask-policy-update/.
For January, June, and September 2022 graduates, commencement exercises will be held on Thursday, May 26 at 10 a.m. on the South Field of the Lehman campus, rain or shine. Please advise your guests to bring umbrellas/hats to protect themselves from direct sun or rain.
Graduating students must report for robing to the gymnasium in the APEX no later than 8:15 a.m. Staff members will assist you. Do not bring coats, purses, or other personal belongings with you to the APEX. There will be no attendant present in the APEX to guard your personal property during the ceremony.
How to Properly wear your graduation gown: Video
Instructions about the line of march will be provided to graduates when you assemble at 8:15 a.m. in the APEX. There is no pre-commencement rehearsal.
- Graduates will be grouped by academic department and march behind their department banners. The graduates will proceed from the APEX to the South Field led by Faculty Marshals.
- The Marshals will lead the lines to the South Field and down the aisles to the graduates’ sections. Marshals then will direct the graduates to their seats, row by row. Graduates will remain standing throughout the faculty processional and the national anthem, which begins the ceremony.
- The candidates for degrees will be presented to the president. After the president confers degrees for all candidates, you should change your tassel from the right to the left side of your mortarboard (cap).
- When the ceremony ends, the Grand Marshal will lead the honored guests and faculty members from the stage and down the aisles to exit. Graduates must remain seated until the platform party and faculty leave the field.
- Since the campus is large and many people will be on the grounds, graduates should decide in advance where they will meet their guests after the ceremony.
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR GUESTS
- All guests must be able to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination to attend the commencement ceremony
- Students will be allowed to invite 3 guests only (this includes children ages 2 and under) to attend the ceremony through a ticketing process. (As COVID-19 mandates are fluid, this aspect may change.).
- Children attending the event: Infants or children under 2 years of age who can sit on the lap of an adult can enter the commencement event and WILL be considered a ticketed attendee. One adult can only carry 1 held infant. There is recommended masking for children 3-5 years of age who are not eligible yet for the vaccine.
- A limited amount of free parking spaces will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis in the North Reservoir Parking Lot. A list of off-campus parking garages will be sent in a commencement update email. Please consider taking public transportation to campus.
- Guests will be allowed to enter the campus any time after 7:30 a.m. through several campus gates.
- Guests should be in their seats before the academic procession starts and are asked not to block the line of march or obstruct the view of other audience members.
- At the end of the ceremony, guests should stand during the Alma Mater and Recessional and remain in place until the graduates’ line has left the South Field area.
A limited amount of parking space will be available in the North Reservoir Parking Lot. Please consider taking public transportation to campus.
Drop off spot for Taxi, Uber, Lyft service is Gate 7 in front of the APEX on 250 Bedford Park Boulevard West, Bronx NY
Independent Parking Garages
The following independent parking garages are located in the area. Lehman College does not endorse, nor are we affiliated with any independent parking garage.
- DR Parking 2990 Jerome Ave Bronx, NY 10467
- J&S Parking Lot 2801 Jerome Ave Bronx, NY 10468
- Kingsbridge Parking 2686 Jerome Ave Bronx, NY 10468
- Zoom Parking Corp 3130 Grand Concourse Bronx, NY 10458
- Botanical Garden Parking Garage 401 Bedford Park Boulevard, Bronx NY 10458
- 2 J’s Parking Lot 2776 Webster Avenue Bronx, NY 10458
- G & R Parking Services 1 Fordham Plaza Bronx, NY 10458
- J & A Parking374 East 184th Street Bronx, NY 10458
- M.P. Tiebout Parking 2468 Tiebout Avenue Bronx, NY 10458
Lehman College is committed to making its programs and facilities accessible to students and their guests. If you have questions, need assistance, or an accommodation because of disability, please contact the Office of Student Disability Services at email@example.com or 718-960-8441 by Monday, May 9, 2022.
On-campus viewing spaces
On commencement day, individuals coming to campus who would prefer to see the ceremony from an indoor location live-streamed on a screen can go to:
- Carman Hall Room - B04
- Carman Hall Room - CA-B08
- Carman Hall Room - CA-B34
- Carman Hall Room - CA-B36
- Lovinger Theatre – Music Building
The College wants to make this a memorable graduation day for you. Commencement is both a joyous and a solemn occasion. We urge your cooperation in maintaining the dignity of the academic procession and the commencement ceremony. If you have any questions about the ceremony, please see Margaret Registe or Jennelle Mahone in Room 204, Shuster Hall, or call 718-960-8242.
Verify Your Degree Requirements
Undergraduates should confirm their undergraduate degree requirements. Graduate students should check their individual programs for program-specific graduation requirements.
File for Graduation
Graduating students must file an application for graduation in CUNYfirst.
- Students eligible to graduate will receive an email at their Lehman College (lc.cuny.edu) email address with instructions on How to Apply and How to View Application Status.
- The filing timeline for May 2022 graduates is from February 19 to March 19, 2022.
- The filing timeline for September 2022 graduates is from March 28 to April 15, 2022.
- If you have additional questions or concerns, please contact the Office of the Registrar at 718-960-7474 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete the Graduating Student Survey: Surveys were sent to students on Friday, April 15th at 11:00 am. The title of the email was: G Survey- Spring 2022
You will receive a graduating student survey at your Lehman College email address. Please complete the survey by clicking the link in the email. Completion of the survey is required of all graduating students.
INFORMATION FOR GRADUATES
Caps and Gowns
Participants in the commencement ceremony must wear appropriate academic attire. To preorder your cap and gown for Commencement 2022, visit collegegrad.herffjones.com.
- If you missed the Online order date, Student Regalia can be purchased directly from the Bookstore starting Wednesday, May 18th.
- In the text field search for “Lehman College.” The results will pop up as bolded black text. The site will be active until April 26, 2022.
- You will need to order all items directly from the Herff Jones website. They can be picked up at the campus bookstore starting May 18th, 2022. The last day to order your graduation regalia online is Tuesday, April 26, 2022. The in-person pick-up date has been pushed back due to supply chain issues. If you were directly impacted, you will receive a message from HerffJones which is our cap and gown vendor.
- For students who missed the deadline, caps, and gowns will be available for purchase at the bookstore beginning May 18th, 2022.
- Please contact the Bookstore at 718-960-8144 if you need additional information about caps and gowns.
- Pictures can be selfies or professional photographs. Please wear professional attire. You will also get the chance to thank those who helped you along the way.
- Complete the yearbook form by April 30, 2022, to be included in this publication.
- For more information, contact the Office of Campus Life.
Diplomas are not distributed at commencement. The Office of the Registrar will notify each graduate by campus e-mail (@lc.cuny.edu) or your preferred e-mail address listed in CUNYfirst.
Lehman College has teamed with Parchment to offer an official digital version of your diploma, which you can share with friends, family, and potential employers.
- New graduates will receive an email and text notification with instructions on how to create a Parchment account and claim their digital diploma.
- Your diploma will be sent to your preferred email address in your CUNYfirst account. For information on how to update your preferred email address, click here.
- Once you receive your digital diploma, it will always be accessible through your Parchment account. You can log in and download or share it for free.
- Along with your digital copy, Parchment will mail a paper copy to the permanent address listed in your CUNYfirst account within 3-4 weeks after your conferral date. For information on how to update your permanent mailing address, click here.
- For questions about digital diplomas, email the Office of the Registrar.
- Once you have received your digital diploma, you may contact Parchment with any additional questions.
Commencement Exercises are held too soon after examinations for any June and September graduates to have their academic records updated. As soon as it has been determined that you have graduated, a conferral letter will be sent to you. Diplomas or statements cannot be provided to graduates who have failed to clear any stops on their records.
Best wishes for continued success!