Online Advanced Certificate Post Baccalaureate in Bilingual Education Extension—Intensive Teacher Institute—Clinically Rich Program Grades Birth - 6
School of Education
Online Format: Online Mix (synchronous & asynchronous)
- 100% Online – no attendance required on campus
- Affordable CUNY Tuition
- Earn your advanced bilingual extension in as little as 12-18 months
- Choose from courses offered in spring, summer, and fall (reach out to the program Coordinator or Director for winter)
- Courses taught by dedicated, caring faculty who are experts in the field of bilingual education.
Program Description and Career Opportunities
This clinically enriched program is designed for bilingual teachers who hold New York State Birth - 2nd grade (Early Childhood) OR 1st grade - 6th grade (Childhood) certification who are proficient in English and in a language other than English; and who seek a bilingual extension to teach their certification area in both languages.
The advanced Certificate Post Baccalaureate in Bilingual Extension grades Birth – 2nd grade OR 1st grade – 6th grade offers graduates the opportunity to teach in bilingual settings (dual language or transitional bilingual programs).
- Degree Requirements: View Program Catalog
- A bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent) from an accredited college or university.
- An undergraduate or master’s degree index of at least 3.0.
- New York State early childhood or childhood teacher certification grades Birth to grade 6.
- One (1) letter of recommendation.
- Demonstrate proficiency in English and in the home language other than English by completing an interview and career essays in both languages.
- Have successfully completed a course in multicultural perspectives (at least 3 credits). Candidates may take ESC 769 or another course selected in consultation with the adviser to meet this requirement.
- Meet additional Department, College, and State requirements, if any.
The cost per credit hour is $470 (in-state tuition & fees).
- Priority Decision Deadline (first look): March 15
- Regular Decision Deadline: April 15
- Final Deadline: May 15
- Priority Decision Deadline (first look): October 15
- Regular Deadline: November 15
- Final Deadline: December 15
|Contact Program Coordinator
Cecilia M. Espinosa, Ph.D.
Professor of Early Childhood/Childhood