Welcome! Once you have been accepted, please complete the following:
- File for Financial Aid
- Submit Your Immunization Records
- Residency/ Citizenship Documents (if applicable)
- Get Online: Lehman College Systems
- Contact Academic Advising
- Contact the Office of Student Disability Services if you are a student with a disability or medical condition
- Learn About the Additional Resources Lehman Offers for Students, including our Quick Facts Guide
Step 1: To be considered for financial aid, you must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA is used to apply for all federal financial aid, including the Federal Pell Grant, Federal Loans and work-study. For assistance in filing the FAFSA application, or if you have questions regarding your application status, please contact the Lehman College Financial Aid Office.
Step 2: Once you have completed the FAFSA you may then apply for New York State financial aid, such as TAP for NY State residents and full-time students only, in the same session. Make sure you indicate Lehman’s federal code, 007022 on your FAFSA, and the code 1412 on the TAP application.
Step 3: Please respond promptly to any requests for providing required documentation to the Lehman’s Financial Aid Office. You may also view your CUNYfirst to-do list for additional required forms.
Step 4: About two weeks after filing, contact the Lehman’s Financial Aid Office for information about your award status.
Step 5: Pay your tuition. Review the Tuition and Fee Schedule. Your entire tuition must be covered by Financial Aid, a payment plan and/ or a full one-time payment. For more information contact Lehman’s Bursar Office at 718-960-8573. In order to not be dropped from your course, you need to have a payment plan in place.
Note: To help pay for college there is also an interest-free payment plan administered by Nelnet: 1-888-470-6014.
Prior to registering for classes students must submit their immunization records via the student health portal. Note that New York State requires verification that you have been immunized against measles, mumps, and rubella. Additionally, students need to submit a record of immunization with the Meningitis Response Signature form to Lehman’s Student Health Center.
For the most up-to-date information regarding the immunization requirements visit the Lehman’s Student Health Center.
For details on COVID vaccination requirements, please visit our COVID resource page.
Some students will receive communication from Lehman’s Admissions Office requesting citizenship and/or residency documents. You will need to satisfy these requirements to avoid higher (non-resident) tuition charges.
Follow these steps to get connected to key Lehman systems to be successful and to stay informed.
You will need to claim CUNYfirst account in order to search for classes, register, swap courses, view your financial aid package, pay your bill, view your transcripts, apply for graduation and much more!
- With your preferred browser, go to: https://home.cunyfirst.cuny.edu.
- Select: New Users
- Follow the on-screen prompts and enter the required information.
When you have successfully claimed your CUNYfirst account, you will see a message with your CUNYfirst Username. Your Username looks like this: Jean.Doe11
Please be sure to write down your Username and EMPLID. Do not share your password.
Note: This process will prompt you to register “challenge” questions which you can use at any time to reset your password. If you forget the answers to the challenge questions, you can always start this process again by following the steps above and choosing “New Users”.
If you have any issues claiming your CUNYfirst account, you may reach out to the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 718-960-1111.
Students are expected to check their email regularly to stay informed. All official communications from Lehman College are sent to your Lehman email. It is important for students to check their Lehman College email frequently for time-sensitive information.
- Set up your Lehman College Student E-Mail by going to lehman.edu/live
- Enter Your Username: LastName@lc.cuny.edu*
- Next, enter your Default Password. Default passwords follow this format: Your initials in capital letters, followed by your four-digit birth year, two-digit month of birth and fourth and fifth digits of your EMPLID. Example JS19940392. Once you successfully log in, you will be prompted to change your password.
- You will be prompted to change your email password every 180 days.
Note: In cases of duplicates, usernames may have a number added to the name.
Online courses at Lehman College are delivered via the Learning Management System, Blackboard. Students will register for courses, and then log in to Blackboard to participate. It’s important that students log in the first day of class. You can view the start date of your course in CUNYfirst. You can also view semester start dates on the College Calendar.
- Go to the Lehman College homepage at lehman.edu
- Underneath the login tab at the top right of the page, choose Blackboard
- The credentials are the same as the CUNYfirst Username and Password, however, the Username is followed by @login.cuny.edu (ex. Mary.Doe11@login.cuny.edu)
- Visit our Blackboard Support page for additional help
Students may access Blackboard on their mobile device by downloading the Bb Student App. It’s a great way to see what happened in your online course since you last logged in. However, we do not recommend that students use it to post coursework or take tests because not all Blackboard functions are available through the Bb Student App.
For more assistance with Blackboard, students may access the CUNY Student’s Blackboard User Guides.
Use Lehman 360 for a quick view of all your student information in one place from several Lehman systems. You can receive personalized notifications or messages so you can take appropriate action.
- On your mobile device, download the Lehman 360 app from the App Store or on Google Play. You will find L360 under “My Lehman.”
- On your computer, go to the Lehman home page and find Lehman 360 under “Login” at the top of the page.
To log in: Use your Lehman email account information, your Lehman firstname.lastname and your email password.
In the "About Me" section on Lehman 360, you will find your Library ID which will enable you to access the Lehman College Library remotely.
To speak with an Academic Advisor or get additional information on advising, please visit the Advising site.
If you are a student with a disability or medical condition, either temporary or permanent, please reach out to the Office of Student Disability Services (SDS). We are here to assist you to achieve your academic goals.
SDS works in partnership with the entire Lehman community to ensure access to all areas of campus life and arrange for appropriate academic adjustments, programs and services. Every student is treated as an individual and we provide referrals to both on-campus offices and outside agencies to support student success.
Review our comprehensive Reference Guide for additional tech support.