Faculty Mentors & Program Overview
Faculty Mentors have been chosen to help Lehman faculty enhance their ability with distance teaching and learning. The selected faculty will have the broad responsibility to serve as a resource person and support for faculty across the four academic schools in leveraging technology to support student learning and quality instruction. Detailed responsibilities are provided below. The Office of Online Education is supporting faculty mentors and will ensure that they have all the necessary resources to be successful in their new roles.
Responsibilities of Faculty Mentors
Faculty Mentors will:
- Advise department colleagues who need assistance with the set-up of Blackboard to support a class (e.g. how to make the course available to students, post an announcement, create a discussion forum, create an assignment, etc.)
- Answer questions concerning instructional approaches and options to enrich their courses like Blackboard quizzes, discussion forums, Grade Center and rubrics, Blackboard Collaborate Ultra and/or VoiceThread, and other relevant institutionally supported technologies.
- Learn about their department/school faculty needs and communicate the needs for additional resources, training, and support as needed to the Office of Online Education and IT.
These faculty will serve as Faculty Mentors from August 25 through December 21, 2023.
Art and Humanities
- GD Peters (email@example.com) English
School of Business
- Nari Kim (firstname.lastname@example.org), Management and Business Innovation
Human Services, Health Sciences and Nursing
- Amy White (email@example.com), Health Services Administration
- Elizabeth Hollander (firstname.lastname@example.org), English
Natural and Social Sciences
School of Education
- Jennifer Van Allen (email@example.com), Counseling, Leadership, Literacy and Special Education