Online Advanced Certificate Post Baccalaureate in Bilingual Education Extension — Intensive Teacher Institute — Clinically Rich Program, Grades 5 - 12
School of Education
Online Format: Online Mix (synchronous & asynchronous)
- 100% Online
- Affordable Tuition
- No GRE required
- Program completion possible in 12 months
- Courses taught by dedicated, caring faculty who are experts in the field of bilingual education.
- Courses taught by dedicated, multilingual faculty
Program Description and Career Opportunities
This online program is designed for New York State-certified teachers, grades 5-12, who are bilingual in English and a Home Language other than English and who seek a bilingual extension to teach in both languages. All certifications are eligible except ESOL and World Languages. Lehman will recommend program graduates to NYSED upon successful completion of the BEA exam.
- Degree Requirements: View Program Catalog
- A bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent) from an accredited college or university.
- An undergraduate or master’s degree index of at least 3.0.
- New York State early childhood or childhood teacher certification grades grade 5-12.
- One (1) letter of recommendation.
- Demonstrate proficiency in English and in the home language other than English by completing an interview and career essays in both languages.
- Have successfully completed a course in multicultural or cultural perspectives (at least 3 credits). Candidates may take ESC 769 or another course selected in consultation with the advisor to meet this requirement.
- Meet additional Department, College, and State requirements, if any.
The cost per credit hour is $470 (in-state tuition & fees).
- Priority Decision Deadline (first look): March 15
- Regular Decision Deadline: April 15
- Final Deadline: May 15
- Priority Decision Deadline (first look): October 15
- Regular Deadline: November 15
- Final Deadline: December 15
|Contact Program Coordinator
Joye Smith, Ed.D., Associate Professor