What is DegreeWorks?
The computerized advising/degree progress audit system, "DegreeWorks", evaluates course work taken against degree requirements to determine progress toward the completion of a degree. The system provides a Degree Audit, which is a comprehensive snapshot of your academic record evaluated against the requirement areas for a specific degree.
The purpose of "DegreeWorks” is to enhance advising by providing accurate and comprehensive information that can be used in consultation with an advisor to make programming decisions. All students are encouraged to contact their advisor for academic advisement. Many academic plans (majors/minors) and subplans (concentrations, options or tracks) call for the selection of course work in consultation with an advisor. Additionally, an advisor will be able to anticipate problems and make adjustments to a program, when necessary.
- Audit Tab
The Audit Tab displays student progress toward completion of their degree requirements. It also displays student major(s), minor(s), and concentration(s), if any. Other information that is displayed in the Audit report are: CUNY Skills Assessment, General Education requirements, Major/ Minor requirements, GPA information, elective courses as well as insufficient courses.
- What-If Tab
What-If Audits allow advisors and students to process speculative degree audits for students using their current class history. Students can use this tab if they are thinking of changing their majors, minors, and/or concentrations and would like to know where they stand in the new curriculum.
- Planner Tab
The Planner contains the Planner Audit, which is similar to the Student Audit with a grid-like feature called Student Educational Plan (SEP) that advisors can use to create a schedule plan for as many as 6 years. Students can only view (but not create or edit) these planned schedules.
- Notes Tab
The Notes Tab allows advisors to make permanent notes of what was discussed and what needs to be done next. You may also want to view what has been discussed with the student with previous advisors. The note feature allows you to add, modify and delete your notes.
- GPA Calculator Tab
There are three different GPA calculators: Graduation, Term, and Advice. This functionality will calculate the minimum grades needed to reach a target cumulative GPA. It can assist in accurate mapping of student paths to achieving honors, avoiding probation, and/or satisfying personal academic aspirations.
- Look Ahead Tab
This tab allows users to see exactly how a future course can be applied to a student’s graduation requirements. This is similar to running a Planner Audit. Students mostly use this tab because they do not have access to process audits from the Planner.
CUNY Portal Log-In
All users will need to create (if they have not yet done so) a Username and Password through the CUNY Portal in order to access Lehman DegreeWorks.
Step-by-Step instructions on how to register for a CUNY Portal account:
- Step 1: Go to the CUNY Portal Log-In
- Step 2: Click on the ‘REGISTER FOR A NEW ACCOUNT’ link.
- Step 3: Select the option that best describes your current affiliation with the University.
- Step 4: On the User Validation page you must enter your Last Name, Social Security Number and Date of Birth. Click 'Next' to confirm your entry.
- Step 5: Click ‘Confirm’ to verify the information you entered on the previous page.
- Step 6: You will be assigned a username. Select and confirm your password, then click the ‘Save’ button.
**Note: Be sure to write down your username password and store them in a safe place. You will need them each time you visit the Portal.
Signing on to DegreeWorks
Once you have an account, follow the steps listed below to sign on to DegreeWorks.
- Step 1: Go to the CUNY Portal Log-In
- Step 2: Click on the ‘PORTAL LOG-IN’ link.
- Step 3: Enter your Username Password and click the ‘Log In’ button.
- Step 4: If the security warning box displays click OK.
- Step 5: If you are a student, click on the ‘Student Advisement/DegreeAudit (DegreeWorks)’ link located in SSO Applications for Students. If you are a staff member click, on the ‘Student Advisement/Degree Audit (DegreeWorks)’ link located in SSO Applications for Faculty and Staff
- Step 6: Click on the appropriate link (Student or Staff) at your University.
- Step 7: If your Username and Password is correct and you are a student, you will be taken to your own customized Degree Audit. If you are an advisor or staff, you will have to enter student’s SSN and hit ENTER on your keyboard to access the student’s Degree Audit.
Lehman College Office of the Registrar
The City University of New York
250 Bedford Park Boulevard West
Bronx, NY 10468
For questions and/or comments on DegreeWorks, send e-mails to:
Last modified: Aug 28, 2013