Student Government exists to provide governance and advocacy on behalf of the student body.
Governing involves making decisions and recommending policies that affect the student body as well as working with faculty, and administrators in various committees to ensure responsible decision making on behalf of the student body.
All students are elected for one-year terms during the Spring Semester. Intention forms are available at the Office of Campus Life.
The Student Government Association is comprised of two bodies: The Executive Board and the Student Legislative Assembly.
The Executive Board (EB)
13 officers who are elected every year during the Spring semester.
Some of the committees Student Government members (executive board and senators) serve on include:
- Lehman College Auxiliary Enterprise
- Tech-Fee Committee
- Lehman College Association For Campus Activities, Inc.
- The Child Care Committee.
For more information about SGA’s Executive Board meetings, please visit The Student Government EB Page at Club Central.
The Student Legislative Assembly (SLA)
Student senators represent one-third of the seats at the Lehman College Senate, the governing body for the College. They are responsible for the formulation of academic policy and for legislative and advisory functions related to the programs, standards, and goals of the College.
Senators serve in the following committees:
- Committee on Governance
- Committee on Admissions
- Evaluation and Academic Standards
- Undergraduate Curriculum Committee
- Committee on Graduate Studies
- Committee on Academic Freedom
- Library, Technology and Telecommunications Committee
- Committee on Campus Life and Facilities
- Budget and Long-Range Planning Committee
- Senate and FP&B Joint Budget Sub-Committee.
More information about the function of the Lehman College Senate as well as a list of the current students serving in these standing committees can be found at The Lehman College Senate site.
For more information about SGA’s Student Legislative Assembly meetings, please visit The Student Government SLA Page at Club Central.