The goal of Leadership Track One is to help students examine the responsibilities and expectations of a leader both at Lehman College and in the outside world. Over the course of the semester, students will learn about different leadership styles and models including the Social Change Model; The Relational Leadership Model; and The Five Practices of Exemplary Leaders.
Through group discussions, readings, written assignments, and direct interaction with experienced CUNY/Lehman College faculty, staff, and student leaders, students experience the impact true leadership can make on our world. Community service/service learning is an essential part of this program, enabling participants to put their knowledge into action in a “real-world” setting so they can witness first-hand the differences they can make.
Sessions topics include:
- Understanding Leadership: What is it? Why is it important? How do you Get Started?
- Modeling The Way: Ethics and Integrity in Leadership
- Inspiring A Shared Vision : Increasing, Empowering, and Motivating Membership
- Enabling Others To Act: Understanding and Appreciating the Differences That Unite Us
- Challenging The Process : Making a Difference Through Service
- Encouraging The Heart : Maintaining the Mind, Body, and Soul of a Leader
- So What’s Next? Knowing Where You Are and Where You Want to Go
Click here to see BronxNet's coverage of our Student Leadership Program
Last modified: Oct 21, 2013