The Well Ed Program is committed to fostering culture of health andwell-being through the development of evidence and theory based programs and activities that empowers the campus community to manage their health and make healthy decisions.Our overall program objectives are:
- To empower students with the tools to live a healthy and balanced lifestyle both during their academic career and in preparation for life after college.
- To provide the Lehman College community with relevant and accessible resources in the areas of health education, wellness, and disease prevention.
- To foster the development of safe and inclusive environments for our students to receive the guidance and support to succeed academically and as leaders in their communities.
- To develop strong collaborative ties with diverse campus partners to support the needs of our diverse student body.
- To aid in the development of multi-layered wellness policies that meaningfully impacts the choices, activities and physical environments of the Lehman College Community.
Director, Wellness Education and Promotion Program
My work at Lehman College focuses on improving the well-being of students through the provision of health education and other activities. My current goal at Lehman College is to develop impactful health education programming that not only attracts students but will provide them with accurate and timely information to help them make the right health decisions. The last four years I was a community outreach coordinator and program developer at the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (NYC DOHMH). My work at the NYC DOHMH focused on issues of health equality and food justice. My primary projects where with the Healthy Bodegas Initiative and Shop Healthy NYC! where I worked closely with community groups, schools, residents and business owners to help eliminate health disparities by increasing the availability of healthier food options to the South Bronx and Harlem. Previous to this I was a doctoral student pursuing a degree in Medical Anthropology at the University of Connecticut working on sexuality and reproductive health issues among young emergent adults of color.
Peer Coordinator, Wellness Education and Promotion Program
Bipika Joshi is a senior in the Health Services Administration Program at Lehman. This year Bipika will be serving as the peer coordinator for the Wellness Education and Promotion Program- working with our peer educators to engage the student body around different health topics. Having been a peer educator, Bipika understands the ins and outs of being a peer and will serve as a mentor to the Well Ed Peers. Bipika is passionate about health care and the provision of health services in high needs populations.
Feel free to contact us with questions.
Last modified: Aug 27, 2013