Skip to Main Content Skip to Main Navigation
search this website
search this website

Lehman College Logo Click Here to go back to Homepage

International Student Services at Lehman College

Address Change

Before you apply for your Form I-20 IF YOU CHANGE YOUR ADDRESS
Make sure to report any change of address within 10 days. We have to update your SEVIS record with your current address.

All individuals living in the U.S. who are not U.S. citizens must report to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) any change of address within 10 days of the address change. The “address” is where the individual physically resides.

Federal law imposes severe penalties for failure to notify USCIS of a change of address. Please note that your local U.S. address must be your physical address, not a P. O. Box.

Lehman students and scholars on F-1 and J-1 visas, including dependents in F-2 and J-2 status, must comply with the address-change reporting requirement by notifying International Student and Scholars Office (ISSO) of any change in:

1. Residential address
2. Phone number, or
3. E-mail address.

The International Student and Scholars Office (ISSO) will report and update the new information to the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS).