The mission of TriO Student Support Services is to provide coordinated academic support services to students with limited income, enabling them to persist and graduate from Lehman College.
The program provides an interconnected series of academic support services: study skill development to achieve academic success, tutoring to master course content, and intensive academic and personal advisement to build confidence and promote student success.
You’re invited to an Open House hosted by Careers in Teaching and the Center for School-College Collaboratives on February 23, 2023 from 4:00-5:00pm (online and in person), where you will learn about many Lehman College programs to support your journey toward becoming a certified educator in New York State.
Sign up here
To qualify, a student must meet the following criteria:
- Be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
- Be a first generation college student (Neither parent has a bachelor's degree)
- Have a limited income (according to federal guidelines)
- Plan to minor in education and/or seek teacher certification
- Earned less than 80 college credits
- Have a GPA of a 2.0 or greater