Welcome to the Student Affairs Basic Needs Center
The Basic Needs Center provides multiple campus and off-campus resources to meet the basic needs of Lehman College students. It serves as a space for students to access and obtain necessary supports and services to help them flourish and thrive.
We strive to facilitate a culture that allows undergraduate and graduate students to flourish in and outside of the classroom by addressing their basic needs.
What are Basic Needs (BN)?
We define Basic Needs as the essential resources that impact one’s health, sense of belonging, persistence, and overall well-being related to:
- Food Security
- Stable Housing
- Financial Sustainability
- Quality Healthcare
- Mental Health & Wellness
We provide referrals and supports for registered Lehman students from a collective of on campus and off-campus programs. The Basic Needs Center connects students to essential services, these include:
- The Lehman College Food Pantry: Emergency food assistance for all
- Emergency Grants: Short-term emergency grants to help students experiencing financial hardship
- CARE Coordination Team: One-on-one support around basic needs issues
- Student Device Loaner Program: Devices to help students continue their online studies
- Counseling Center: Free and confidential mental health support for students
- Student Health Center: Low cost and free healthcare services for students
- Wellness Education and Health Promotion Program: Life skills and prevention services to help you thrive