Instructions & Guidelines
It is recommended that you visit the CUNY HRPP Policies and Procedures page where you will find information on IRB requirement as well as forms and templates.
How to Register in IDEATE
For first time access to IDEATE you must send an email to email@example.com and provide the following:
- CUNY affiliation (faculty, adjunct faculty, full-time staff, post-doc student)
- CUNY email address
- CUNY portal name (Not CUNY FIRST)
The title of the subject of the email should be “NEW IDEATE PROFILE REQUEST”. Once a profile is created, you will receive an email. Please allow 2 to 3 days for your profile to be created.
How to Create a New Study/Project and Submit in IDEATE
- After Logging in, follow the steps outlined in the presentation (PDF) to create and submit your NEW study/project in IDEATE
Please NOTE the following:
- All NEW studies/projects (studies being submitted in IDEATE for the first time), must include the CITI certification for human subjects research for all research personnel. The certification should be uploaded as an attachment in the IDEATE project application.
How to Create Subsequent "Packages” (continuing review, amendments, etc.) and submit in IDEATE.
- After Logging in, follow the steps outlined in the training presentation (PDF) to submit a continuing review, amendments, etc.
*If you are having problems logging in or with IDEATE in general, please contact Leslie Unger at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 718-960-7870.