- How can I earn college honors?
- How can I earn honors in my major?
- Is Lehman College affiliated with any Honor Societies?
Students are eligible for College honors at graduation if they have completed at least 60 credits in residence at Lehman College, of which at least 42 are indexable, with a minimum cumulative index of 3.4. (See definition of credits in residence under the heading "Credit Requirements" in the section on "Degree Requirements" in this Bulletin.) The following honors may be awarded:
|Cum Laude||Index of 3.4-3.59|
|Magna cum laude||Index of 3.6-3.79|
|Summa cum laude||Index of 3.8-4.0|
Students with a cumulative G.P.A. of 3.5 may be eligible for inclusion on the Dean's List.
Students with a cumulative G.P.A. of 3.9 may be eligible for placement on the Presidential Scholars List.
All students who want to graduate with departmental honors must have a minimum cumulative (overall) G.P.A. of 3.2 with a minimum G.P.A. of 3.5 in the major or in an interdisciplinary program with at least 24 indexable credits.
Individual majors and programs may include additional requirements for departmental honors.
For further information, please contact your Faculty Advisor.
Yes. Phi Beta Kappa and Sigma Xi are national honor societies with established chapters at Lehman. In addition, the Golden Key International Honor Society has a chapter at Lehman. See the Lehman Undergraduate Bulletin and your faculty advisor in your major for more information about honor societies at Lehman.
Other honor societies at Lehman College are:
- Kappa Pi (Art)
- Beta Beta Beta (Biology)
- Iota Sigma Delta Pi (Chemistry for undergraduate and graduate women)
- The English Honors Society for Scholarship and Creative Writing
- Omicron Nu (Family and Consumer Studies)
- Pi Delta Phi (French)
- Delta Phi Alpha (German)
- Eta Beta Rho (Hebrew)
- Phi Alpha Theta (History)
- Pi Mu Epsilon (mathematics
- Kappa Mu Epsilon (Music)
- Pi Sigma Alpha (Political Science)
- Alpha Kappa Delta (Sociology)
- Psi Chi (Psychology)
- Sigma Delta Pi (Spanish)
- Sigma Theta Tau (Nursing)
- Epsilon Eta Chapter of Sigma Alpha Eta (Speech and Theatre).
Last modified: Sep 3, 2013