Transfer Student Information
Welcome to the Department of Mathematics! Our department offers two different majors: a BA in Pure Mathematics and a BA in Economics and Mathematics. We also offer 3 different minor programs: one in Pure Mathematics, one in Statistics, and one in Actuarial Mathematics. Transfer students may begin any of these programs in any semester.
Having a credential in Mathematics, Statistics, and/or Quantitative Literacy provides you with a competitive edge on the job market. Please check out all that our department has to offer.
Pre-Transfer Advising Tips
Here are some helpful tips so that you can be as prepared as possible when you transfer to Lehman:
- We encourage students to have already completed Calculus I and II prior to transferring.
- Most upper-level Mathematics courses are in person, so be prepared to come to campus.
- A basic knowledge of computer programming is very helpful for all of our programs; it is also required for the BA in Pure Mathematics. If you are able to take this class before transferring, then you should consider doing so.
- For additional questions or information, please visit our Mathematics Undergraduate Advising page.
- Visit the Virtual Transfer Center for some additional resources.
If you haven’t applied to Lehman College yet, please go the Admissions Office website for more information on transfer requirements and the application process.
Once you have been accepted you will receive detailed information from the Admissions Office regarding the next steps toward becoming enrolled at Lehman. Please note that this process does take some time, so apply to transfer as early as possible! You can schedule a departmental advising session after your transfer credit evaluation (TCE) is complete and you have completed the onboarding process.
We hope to see you on campus or online soon!