Skip to Main Content Skip to Main Navigation
search this website
search this website

Lehman College Logo Click Here to go back to Homepage


What is a transfer student?

A transfer student is one who had initially enrolled in one college or university and then decided to attend another. Some transfer students may have earned an Associate’s degree, while others have not.

What is a second degree student?

A second degree student has previously earned a Bachelor’s degree and is now pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in a separate discipline.

What are the GPA requirements to enter Lehman?

Please review the Admissions website for information regarding minimum requirements to be accepted at Lehman.

Which programs require a separate application or have their own admission criteria?

Both Nursing and Social Work programs require a separate application. Please check with individual departments with regard to minimum GPA requirements for your program.

What are articulation agreements?

An articulation agreement is an agreement between two schools that allows course credit at one school to be transferred and applied toward a degree at another school. For the most part, if students successfully follow the articulation agreement they are automatically enrolled into their major of choice at Lehman. Students should consult with the appropriate department advisors with regard to any up-to-date curriculum changes after the agreement has been signed.

Will all my credits transfer to Lehman?

Please review the Undergraduate Bulletin for information regarding transfer credit policies.

Will my GPA from my previous institution transfer to Lehman?

No, upon transferring to Lehman your GPA will start anew.

Do I need to provide transcripts from all the schools I’ve attended even though the courses are listed on the transcript of the school I most recently attended?

Yes, all official transcripts are required for admission and are needed to determine what courses will transfer.

Do I need to list every college I’ve previously attended regardless of grades or number of credits earned?

Yes, failure to list all colleges previously attended may result in a five year suspension from CUNY.

How can I see an undergraduate academic advisor?

You will be invited to meet with an academic advisor once you have matriculated at Lehman and your transfer credit evaluation is complete.

When do I apply for financial aid?

Students should apply for financial aid at the same time that the admission application is submitted.

What accommodations or services are available for students with a disability?

The Office of Student Disability Services, located in Shuster Hall, Room 238, provides advocacy and advisement, assistance during registration, individual test administration, library assistance, tutoring, note-taking, classroom accommodations for eligible students, and more. Please visit their website for additional information.

I am a Veteran/Reservist. Where can I go for my GI benefits?

The Office of Veterans and Military Affairs is committed to supporting the Lehman College's VA student's community in pursuit of their higher learning degree for their professional development by identifying, addressing, and advocating for their evolving needs. Please visit their website for additional information.

If I was part of the HEOP, EOP, CD or SEEK programs at my home school, is there a similar program at Lehman?

Please visit the SEEK transfer student website for additional information.

When and how do I declare my major?

To officially declare a major, students must submit their request electronically via the iDeclare form. Your declaration is only complete once it has been approved by the academic department and processed by the Registrar’s Office.