Upon completion of the Dietetic Internship, interns will be able to demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and competencies as established by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics in its competencies and learning outcomes for Dietetic Internship programs, with particular emphasis on Medical Nutrition Therapy. To do this, interns must succeed in the following areas:
Program Goal One:
Employment as an ethical and culturally sensitive entry-level Registered Dietitian.
Outcome Measures over a 5-year period:
- Program Completion: 80% of the intern class will complete the DI within 18 months.
- Pass Rate of First-Time Test Takers of the Registration Examination: 80% of DI graduates will pass the Registration Examination on the first attempt.
- Graduate Employment: 70% or more of DI graduates who sought employment in dietetics were employed within six months of program completion.
- Employer Satisfaction:
- 75% of employers will rate DI graduates as performing well.
- 75% of employers will rate DI graduates as ethical and culturally sensitive.
Program Goal Two:
Success in either a graduate program in nutrition and foods or in another health-related field.
Outcome Measure over a 5-year period:
- Enrollment in a Graduate Program: 70% of enrolled interns will succeed in a graduate program in nutrition and foods or another health-related field.
In addition, the intern will be able to:
- Integrate knowledge and critical thinking skills with practical experience.
- Acquire New York State Certification after passing the Registered Dietitian Examination.
Last modified: Sep 5, 2012