Welcome to the Lehman College New Faculty Orientation Page. We are so excited to welcome you to Lehman College, CUNY as part of the 2018-2019 New Faculty Cohort. Lehman’s faculty and Administrators have devoted significant time recruiting your cohort with GREAT success. Lehman is immensely proud that you will be joining our distinctive group of faculty. On their behalf, we welcome you as a new colleague!
This site has been designed as an initial road map to provide you with information and connections to make a great start at Lehman. Please take the time to find out about our campus and community resources and about your orientation program.
We look forward to helping you learn more about the resources on our campus, to offering you support as you develop as a teaching scholar and to help you feel at home on our campus and in our community. We look forward to meeting you and welcoming you to Lehman on Friday, August 24th!
Getting Started at Lehman
Visit this page for more information on resources and people that will support your transition in becoming a member of the Lehman community: information about relocating, Human Resources, email addresses, IDs, parking, child care, Blackboard (Bb) and more!
Who are Lehman Students?
Your Year-Long Faculty Orientation Program (All New Lehman Faculty)
- Full Day Orientation Program August 24, 2018-Learn more about us, our students, our systems and the Bronx.
New Faculty Orientation
- Welcome 2018 New Faculty Orientation
- Welcome 2018 New Faculty Orientation (Accessible Plain Text)
- Full-Day Orientation Agenda
- Full-Day Orientation Agenda (Accessible Plain Text)
- Academic Calendar 2018/2019
- Academic Related Activities Definition
- Academic Related Activities Definition (Accessible Plain Text)
- Administrative Calendar 2018/2019
- Administrative Calendar 2018/2019 (Accessible Plain Text)
- IT Quick Reference Information
- IT Quick Reference Information (Accessible Plain Text)
- Lehman Acronym Quick Refs
- Registrar Quick Notes
- Registrar Quick Notes (Accessible Plain Text)
Monthly Get Togethers-Attend these informal social gatherings, held throughout the academic year, to help you assimilate (resistance is futile) to the Lehman community.
New Faculty Seminars-A series of six seminars are presented, three in the fall semester and three in the spring semester. Meetings are held on Monday or Wednesdays during University Hours (3:30-5pm) in the Treehouse conference room, 3rd floor of the Leonard Lief Library.
- Download the list of seminars here. (PDF)
- Download the text accessible version here.
Deans' Book Club-The Deans’ book club offers stimulating gatherings to consider and discuss issues in higher education with your colleagues.
The Deans’ book club is a new initiative at Lehman. It offers a social forum for conversation about issues in higher education and teach best practices with your colleagues and Dean.
This year’s shared-read is Chronical Starter Kit: New to College Teaching. Your Dean will contact you to set up a meeting time and place. Download the handbook here.
New Faculty Mentoring -Working with a faculty mentor will offer you invaluable guidance, advice, and information about teaching resources.
New and Early Career Faculty Mentoring
Faculty mentoring offers valuable professional and personal support, research guidance, and advice about teaching resources. Our Lehman faculty mentors were identified by their department chairs based on their experiences at Lehman and their expertise. Participation is encouraged for all new and junior faculty.
- Download the mentor application here.
- Download the mentor application (Accessible Plain Text) here.
- Faculty Mentorship Survey
Crafting a Lehman Syllabus
Dr. Harriet (Niki) Fayne has prepared a primer on best practices for organizing your courses and creating syllabi at Lehman.