Lehman L.I.F.E. supports service opportunities for students by creating awareness of need in communities around the world and fostering action through volunteer work. Our main goal is to increase awareness of issues affecting humanity from our campus to the global society.
Students have traveled to Dominican Republic, New Orleans, Virginia Beach, Cincinnati, Mexico, Costa Rica, and Kenya to perform community service efforts and aid other communities in their own sustainability. Each year, we begin planning for the following academic year's trips. If you would like to get involved, please contact our office right away!
Students are required to fundraise or pay for 100% of their Lehman L.I.F.E. trip.
Trip Requirements for All Student
Attend a Lehman L.I.F.E. Info Session!
If you are interested in volunteering with hurricane relief and traveling to complete educational community service projects attend a Lehman L.I..F.E Info Session!
The Lehman L.I.F.E. application is now closed for the Spring 2019 and Summer 2019 service trips.
The application for the Spring 2020 and Summer 2020 service trips will open in Fall 2019.
To receive the latest information on our programs:
Attend a Lehman L.I.F.E. Info Session to get started!
- Attend a Lehman L.I.F.E. Info Session - Required for All Applicants
- Turn in completed application to the Office of Community Engagement and New Student Programs, Old Gym Room 302
- Sign up for a group interview when you return your application
- Complete 25 hours of service with the Office of Community Engagement and New Student Programs
- Volunteer for one of our major projects such as NYC Marathon or Acacia Holiday party
- Participate in all weekly 2-hour pre-trip meetings – These are mandatory
- Deposit airfare
- Maintain a minimum of 2.5 GPA
- Participate in all large group fundraisers
- Pay the balance remaining on your account, after fundraising is calculated
- Participate in two pre-trip service projects with your team
- Sign and return the appropriate liability release forms
- Sign and abide by the alcohol and substance use agreement
- Incur cost of all immunization requirements necessary for trip location
- Attend the Alternative Spring Break trip in full
- Be a responsible and involved group member – Be present!
- Have a positive attitude throughout the entire Lehman L.I.F.E. process