Frequently Asked Questions
What is my email address?
- Student email addresses consist of your email@example.com.
- Faculty and staff email addresses consist of your firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I access my Lehman email?
- For Students: Please go to www.lehman.edu/live and then click on Office 365 Login and sign in using your login information. Type your email address under where it says “Windows Live ID”. Then, type your default password. The default password is the first initial of your first and last name capitalized followed by the four digit year you were born, two digit month and 4th and 5th digit of your EMLID. (Password Example: FL19851225). Here are some additional tips on your Outlook Live account: http://www.lehman.edu/live/faq.php.
- For Faculty & Staff: Please go to www.lehman.edu and then click on Webmail or go directly to mail.lehman.edu; then type your login information.
**PLEASE NOTE: Students, faculty, and staff members will be prompted to change their default password. Please do so by following the password management system guidelines. To protect your privacy, change your password every 90 days. Here are some password tips: www.lehman.edu/SSPM.
How do I forward my emails to a mobile device?
- For Students: Please visit http://lehman.edu/live/configuration.php to see the options for configuring your mobile device.
- For Faculty & Staff: Please visit http://www.lehman.edu/itr/exchange-info.php to see the options for configuring your mobile device. .
Can I forward my Lehman student emails to my personal email?
- This feature is not available for students.
What is my Lehman Login username and password?
- Your Lehman Login username is your “firstname.lastname” and your default password is the first initial of your first and last name capitalized followed by the four digit year you were born, two digit month and 4th and 5th digits of EMPLID. (Password Example: FL19851225).
What is my username and password to print?
- You will need to use your Lehman Login account information to print. However; if your Lehman email contains a number at the end of your last name, you must include that number after your last name.
- Lehman alumni or Continuing Education student will need to purchase a guest card in order to print in the IT Center or the Library. After you have purchased a guest card, you simply swipe the card when you are asked for your username, and then swipe it again when prompted for your password.
How do I access the Wi-Fi when I am on campus?
- Please turn on your wireless connection and select Lehman College. Then open a browser (i.e. Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome or Firefox). The Lehman College login should automatically appear on the screen. Type your Lehman Login information.
What is my username and password to access the library database from home?
- As a Lehman student, use your Lehman Login account login information to access the library database from off campus at
How do I manage my Lehman Login Password using Password Management tool?
Please visit http://lehman.edu/itr/user-guide.php for information on managing your Lehman Login password. Please click on the video below to see a demo on Lehman Login.
How do I access the CUNY portal?
Please go to www.cuny.edu then click on portal login. If you have forgotten your username or password or do not know it, click on “forgot password or username” on the link below the boxes and select an option based on the instructions provided on the page.
How do I access Blackboard?
Please go to www.cuny.edu, click to login to the CUNY Portal. Once you are logged in to the CUNY Portal, you should see the Blackboard 9.1 link on the upper right side on your screen. For additional information on blackboard click here http://www.lehman.edu/itr/blackboard.php
What should I do if I am unable to access posted work on BlackBoard?
You should contact your professor immediately. You may also call the Help Desk at 718-960-1111, if further assistance is needed.
What is CUNYfirst?
Please visit http://www.lehman.cuny.edu/cunyfirst/ for information on CUNYfirst.
What is StudentConnect?
StudentConnect is intended to be a one-stop shop for current Lehman students. It is your central online source for the services, tools and information you need and use on a daily basis. To enter StudentConnect, visit the Lehman College Home page and log-in the Portal using your Lehman login username and password. Please click on the video below to see a demo on StudentConnect.
How do I check the Open Center hours of operation?
Please visit http://www.lehman.cuny.edu/itr/index.php. Then select “Academic IT Center” on the left hand side of the screen and then click on “Hours of Operation” to view the schedule.
What is Mobile Printing?
Mobile printing allows you to print from any device (mobile or otherwise) on or off campus to any secure printer located in the Academic IT Center or The Leonard Lief Library. It is convenient, easy to use, and secure.
How do I print using the Mobile Print System?
Please click here [PDF] and this document will guide you step by step on how to use this facility.
Can I print in color?
Yes, you can print in color when you are at the IT Center or in the Library. After you have selected print option from the drop down menu, select color and the desired print out, one sided or two sided.
Am I allowed to change printer settings?
Yes, you may change printer settings when you print from any printer by following the prompted option. Please see an IT staff member on the floor if additional assistance is needed.
I have a zero balance on my card, can it be refilled?
Yes, you can refill your card balance by utilizing the PHIL machine at the IT Center or in the Library.
Can I make copies at the IT Center?
Yes, you can make copies at the IT Center. When you are ready to make copies, simply select copy on the printer, enter your username and password when asked, and then proceed to make copies.
What is my default printing allocation?
For full time student, you will receive $18.50 per semester and for part-time student, you will receive $9.25 per semester.
What is the printing cost on campus?
Please click here to see the print cost on campus.
Can we save our work on computers?
You should not save any of your work on college computers or any other computer that is shared by others. It will be erased as soon as the computer is restarted.
I lost my data from my external device; can you retrieve my lost or corrupted data for me?
We are sometimes able to retrieve lost/corrupted data. Please contact the Help Desk to discuss the possibilities.
Do we have any shared drive?
No, we do not have any shared drive. However, you can store data in your Lehman email account.
How do we back up our data?
You may consider using an external hard drive or USB thumb drive and back up your data to your personal device.
How do I retrieve my lost data?
Contact the Help Desk and make an appointment with Roni Safiul to consult and obtain assistance on this matter.
What is Lynda.com?
Lyada.com is a comprehensive library of software and business-related training courses accessible over the web. Topic include basic desktop programs, graphic design, and advanced application development.
How do I access Lynda.com?
Lynda.com is a comprehensive library of software and business-related training courses accessible over the web. Topics include basic desktop programs, graphic design, and advanced application development.
The complete online learning library from lynda.com is available from two workstations, one in the IT Center and one in the Lehman Library. To view the collection of over 1500 available titles visit http://www.lynda.com and select the subject or the software tab at the top of the page. For instructions on using the kiosk license, please click here [PDF] and this document will guide you step by step on how to use this facility.
To use the license in the IT Center, contact the IT Center Help Desk by email at email@example.com, by telephone at (718) 960-1111 or by visiting the Help Desk in person. To use the license in the Lehman Library, contact the Lehman Library Reference Desk by telephone at (718) 960-7766. Please indicate the dates and times you would like to use the workstation. You may reserve the workstation for up to two hours with a single reservation. The Help Desk will let you know if the time slot is available or if you need to select another time. At the time of your reservation, please check in at the Help Desk to receive a brief document explaining how to use of the system and a set of headphones.
What types of workshops are available throughout the semester?
Various workshops are offered throughout the semester, notification occurs via email or contact the Help Desk to find out additional details.
New Users on the System
I am a new/transfer student at Lehman College, but I am not allowed to register yet, why?
Welcome to Lehman!
This may occur for various reasons, please contact the Help Desk in Carman Hall 108 or 718-960-1111. If you need more information as a transfer student you can refer to the Virtual Transfer Center at http://www.lehman.edu/virtual-transfer-center
Last modified: Apr 11, 2014