The Study NYC Visiting Student Semester is designed to provide students from outside of the New York metropolitan area an affordable opportunity to “Study Away” for a semester in the greatest city in the world. Students may participate in this program during the Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer semesters.
Participants in the Study NYC Visiting Student Semester will be offered the opportunity to choose courses that can be applied to their major/general education degree requirements at their home institution or design an “urban semester” comprised of properly themed courses in such areas as African and African American Studies, Anthropology, Business, Dance, English, History, Latin American and Puerto Rican Studies, Multimedia Journalism, Music, Political Science, Psychology, Social Work, and Sociology.
Study NYC Visiting Student Semester participants will benefit from Lehman’s expert faculty, including five Distinguished Professors, wide variety of courses across over 60 disciplines, opportunity to participate in a variety of community service experiences, internship placement assistance, and full use of all campus facilities. A complete listing of program benefits is available here. (Program Benefits hyperlink)
Lehman’s location in the Bedford Park section of the Bronx is minutes from Manhattan via both the 4 and D train and is accessible to all areas of the Bronx and lower-Westchester by bus. To learn more about this program contact the Office for Special Academic Sessions at (347) 577-4022 OR (347) 577-4001 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Aspect of the Program Include:
- Undergraduate Tuition – up to 15 credits. Program is available to students during the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters. Winter program is available for a maximum of 6-credits.
- Assigned “Semester Away” advisor who works with students through the application, advisement, and registration process
- Assistance identifying housing opportunities in the Bronx, Manhattan, or Westchester County *
- Opportunity to choose courses that will allow you to gain a greater understanding of the diversity of the Bronx.
- Placement assistance into Community Service activities through the Lehman College’s Community Service program
- Internship placement assistance through the Career Services department
- Ability to participate in one of Lehman’s 60 Clubs and Student Organizations
- Full access to Lehman’s APEX Athletic Facilities, the Leonard Leif Library, and the Lehman Art Gallery
- Free tickets to Lehman College Concert Series
- Discounted tickets on all other Performing Arts Center events
- On-Campus Parking (by permit additional fee applies)
- Discounted admission to a variety of New York cultural events
*Students are not required to reside on-campus. Students seeking to reside with family/friends in the New York metropolitan area may do so.
Last modified: Feb 28, 2014