Skip to Main Content Skip to Main Navigation
search this website
search this website

Lehman College Logo Click Here to go back to Homepage

International Student Services at Lehman College


Before you apply for your Form I-20 If you fail to maintain F-1 status you may be able -depending on circumstances- to regain valid F-1 status through one of the following options:

Apply to US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for reinstatement.

Travel & Re-entry. This means you will have to leave the U.S. and re-enter using a new Form I-20 with a new SEVIS number.

If you think you may be out of status, please visit our office immediately. The longer you wait to address the problem, the more difficult it can become to fix.

Before you apply for your Form I-20 Which option is the least risky?

Each option has its risks. If your application for reinstatement is denied, you will be required to depart the U.S. immediately. If you are denied re-entry at the border, you may be required to return home immediately from the port of entry.