Give to Lehman

Lehman College

International Student Services at Lehman College

Welcome to the International Student & Scholar Office!

We are pleased to assist all non-immigrant students admitted to Lehman College with essential visa and immigration services as well as cultural programs and campus resources. "New", "Transfer" and "Current" international students, who plan to study or continue to study at Lehman College, are required to obtain and maintain a valid Form I-20 (also called "Certificate of Eligibility").

In general, the Form I-20 is needed to apply for the F-1 non-immigrant visa at the U.S Embassy in your home country. The F-1 student visa allows you to "travel" to the United States. The Form I-20 is also needed to pay the I-901 SEVIS fee and to certify your legal stay (also called F-1 status) as an F-1 international student in the United States.

If you are a "New" or "Transfer" student to Lehman and wish to apply for a Form I-20 please follow any of the steps that apply to your current situation below.


CUNY Citizenship Now! provides free, immigration law services

CUNY Citizenship Now! provides free, high quality, and confidential immigration law services. Our attorneys and paralegals offer one-on-one consultations to assess participants’ eligibility for legal benefits and assist them in applying when qualified.


CLEAR (Creating Law Enforcement Accountability & Responsibility)

The CLEAR project, housed at CUNY School of Law, primarily aims to address the unmet legal needs of Muslim, Arab, South Asian, and other communities in the New York City area that are particularly affected by national security and counter-terrorism policies and practices.


New Hotline to Protect Refugees and Report Individuals Believed to be Missing or Detained

Governor Andrew M. Cuomo announced the launch of a confidential toll-free hotline for New Yorkers to report family members, relatives, friends or colleagues believed to be passengers on flights coming into the state, but are missing or believed to be detained.


International Student & Scholar Office (ISSO)
250 Bedford Park Boulevard West
Shuster Hall, Room 210
Bronx, NY 10468 | USA

Phone: (718) 960-7274 | Fax: (718) 960-8243

10:30 to 1:00PM
10:30 to 1:00PM
10:30 to 1PM
10:00 to 1PM
10:00 to 1PM
2:00 to 4:30PM
2:00 to 4:30PM
2:00 to 4:30PM
2:00 to 4:30PM
2:00 to 4:30PM
International Office Walk In Schedule. Monday Tuesday and Wednesday From 10:30 AM to 4:30 PMWalk In
International Office Walk In Schedule. Thursday and Friday By appointment only from 10:00 AM to 4:30 PM By Appointment Only

How to obtain a Form I-20, F-1 Student Visa & Status
If you have any questions regarding any of the steps below please contact our office for clarification.

Step 1
Step 2
Step 3
Step 4
Step 5
Apply For Your Form I-20
Apply For Your F-1 Visa
Enter the United States After Applying for your F-1 Student Visa
Report To School After Entering the United States
Maintain Your F-1 Student Status
F-1 Immigration Regulations

Change of Address Immigration Regulations and Process
School Transfer Immigration Regulations and Information
Change of Status Immigration Regulations and Information
Renistatement Immigration Regulations and Process
Travel In and Outside The United States Immigration Regulations and Advise