Software Center for Software Installations on Your Device
Software Center is part of Microsoft’s System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), which allows Information Technology Services (ITR) to deliver, manage, support and update applications and services across campus. Software Center will allow you to install a variety of licensed software, updates, and plug-ins on your own computer without having to contact ITR for assistance.
You Can Install Software Using Software Center by Doing the Following:
- Click on your Start button on your Windows machine, search for Software Center Desktop App, and click it.
- Once in the Software Center, you will see a list of the applications that are available for download. This software list has been approved by and is supported by ITR.
- To install a software, click on its icon in the list
- Click the Install button.
- After the install completes, the software icon should appear on your Desktop or in your list of programs. Click this icon to launch your newly installed program.
Updating Currently Installed Software Updates
Click on Updates to see a list of available updates. To install an update, click on the update. Since all updates are deployed by ITR and install silently in the background while you work. All you should have to do is click Restart.
If you would like to install all updates, click the Install All button in the top right corner.
Upgrading your Operating System
For those of you that are still running on an older operating system such as windows 7, you can now easily update the OS using Software center. Please see the tab on the left that lists “Operating Systems”. Click on that option and then you will be able to select the Windows 10 upgrade. The upgrade will back-up your data on our server environment prior to upgrading the system. Once the back-up has completed the upgrade will proceed with user intervention.
Please Note: Most Windows software can be added to this list. If you would like to request that a software be added to your Software Center menu please contact the help desk and request the software.