The Herbert H. Lehman Center for Student Leadership Development hosts annual leadership conferences every spring semester. The theme of the conferences focuses on the best practices for "Engaging Urban Commuter Students in Leadership." Some of the past keynote speakers include Dr. Stephen John Quaye, Dr. Jillian Kinzie and Dr. Shaun R Harper. During the fall semester we have smaller conference in collaboration with other CUNY colleges.
Past keynote speakers include:
- Jane Elliott, diversity educator and creator of the “Blue eyes/Brown eyes” exercise.
- Stephen John Quaye, associate professor in the Higher Education and Student Affairs Program at The Ohio State University
- Jillian Kinzie, Associate Director, Center for Postsecondary Research & NSSE Institute
- Rossana Rosado, Secretary of State of New York and former Editor and Publisher of El Diario
- Shaun Harper, Executive Director, Center for the Study of Race and Equity in Education at The University of Pennsylvania
- Michael Smith, Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director of Cabinet Affairs for My Brother's Keeper
View recordings of past conferences in our Office of Campus Life YouTube Channel!