The Lehman College Career Exploration & Development Center is committed to guiding all students throughout the different phases of the career development process. We are here to help you identify resources and realize your career goals through an array of services including the following:
- Personalized career counseling
- Résumé and cover letter assistance
- Workshops on interviewing, job-search strategies, networking, and more
- Internship, community service, and service learning opportunities
- Opportunities to meet prospective employers and compete for positions with regional and national companies and organizations
- A computer lab with internet access and printer
- Opportunities to meet successful alumni
Join the Career Advisory Board!
The mission of the Career Advisory Board is to provide an opportunity for students and alumni to work together on recommending ways to increase student engagement and enhance delivery of programs and services.
BOARD MEMBER DUTIES (8-10 STUDENTS/ALUMNI)
- Discuss marketing/outreach efforts to increase student and alumni engagement
- Brainstorm innovative ways to enhance student participation and professional development
- Assess all facets of CEDC operations and make recommendations for improvement
- Participate in three meetings each semester for one hour
- Work cooperatively with Career Advisory Board members
- Serve for one academic year
Must be registered with CEDC through Symplicity
If you would like to self-nominate for a seat on the board, please complete the CEDC Advisory Board Application and return it to Shuster Hall Room 254 or email to Nicole Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post Graduate Outcomes – Academic Year 2016-2017
The Career Exploration & Development Center is the key provider of career services at Lehman College. It shares the College’s mission of “embracing diversity and actively engaging students in their academic, personal, and professional development.” CEDC accomplishes this by delivering a comprehensive package that includes career exploration and counseling, guidance in deciding on a major, employer connections and internships. We strive to provide the highest standards of comprehensive and specialized services so that students may successfully meet the challenges of a globally competitive job market.
In order to accomplish our goal, we continuously build relationships with employers and engage alumni to provide career and internship opportunities to assist students in clarifying their career goals and gaining the confidence they need to qualify for competitive opportunities.