Junior - Plan
You are approaching graduation sooner than you think. It’s not too early to PLAN the steps you need to take to gain meaningful employment upon graduation or admission into graduate school.
- Prepare or update your resume.
- Attend job preparatory workshops offered by Career Exploration & Development Center on resume/cover letter writing, developing interviewing techniques, job search strategies, and using career online resources.
- Participate in a mock interview to evaluate and practice your interviewing skills.
- Obtain career-related experience through an internship, volunteer work or summer job.
- Seek help in securing an internship by meeting with the Internship Coordinator in Career Exploration & Development Center.
- Review your academic program with an advisor to verify degree requirements.
- Meet with a Career Counselor to consider employment and/or graduate school.
- Research graduate schools and meet with a Pre-Graduate Advisor.
- Maintain an active role in campus activities and organizations to develop leadership, initiative, and teamwork abilities.