Freshman - Discover
Your freshman year is a time to DISCOVER. This is a time for you to learn about your college, meet new people, and experience new things. You may be wondering how these things will help you decide on a major and a career. The following are some steps you should begin taking to plan for your future success.
- Register with Career Exploration & Development Center to begin the career development process on Symplicity
- Participate in the new student orientation and welcome programs that may be available to you early on in your freshman year through Community Engagement. Familiarize yourself with student services, course offerings, and majors.
- Get involved in clubs, organizations, student government, and sports activities. Discover as much as you can about the many extracurricular activities that Lehman offers. Choose at least one.
- Meet with a Career Counselor and visit our Career Lab. Learn about the career and job resources available to you.
- Inquire about connecting with mentors to support you in your academic and career endeavors through the Alumni Mentoring Program.
- Use a self-assessment tool to find out more about your interests, skills, values, and various majors and occupations that you may be thinking about. This is a way to learn about career options.
- Attend the LEH 100 course designed to help you adjust to Lehman life in your first year.