Office of the Registrar



  • When should you file?
    If the Fall is your final semester, you must apply during the Fall Graduation Application Period. If the Spring is your final semester and you are not taking Summer courses, you must apply during the Spring Graduation Application Period. If Summer is your final semester, you must apply during the Summer Graduation Application Period. The deadlines for the application periods are listed on the corresponging Academic Calendar. Prior to applying for graduation, kindly visit an Academic and a Department Advisor to ensure you have met all the requirements for graduation.
  • What should you do if you receive a letter from this office?
    If you receive a letter from the Office of the Registrar read it carefully and follow any instructions listed on the letter. You may visit our office to follow up to ensure the issue has been corrected. When visiting the office, kindly have the letter on hand. You may also email the Graduation Audit Office for further inquiries at Graduation.Audit@Lehman.Cuny.Edu.
  • How soon can I get proof of graduation?
    You cannot get a finalized transcript until the day after graduation. We do keep a priority list. Most records are finalized in one month.
  • How do I find out about the graduation ceremony?
    The Graduation Ceremony for the Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer graduation candidates is held on the last days of May or early June. Check the Spring Academic Calendar for the Ceremony dates. Information regarding cap and gowns, rings, photos, yearbook, etc, can be found in the Office of Student Affairs, located in Shuster Hall 204. You may also view Commencement information online on the Commencement Ceremony page on the Lehman Webpage.
  • Do I have to attend the ceremony?
  • Attending the ceremony is not required for Lehman students, however, filing for graduation is mandatory. You worked hard so come celebrate with your friends, family, and professors.

Student Records

  • How do I View My Grades?
    Check View My Grades.
  • Can I have a copy of my transcript from other schools?
    We do not issue copies of official transcripts from other institutions.
  • How do I change my address?
    Click on View/Add Addresses. You may also change your address in Shuster Hall, Rm. 102.
  • How do I change/correct my name?
    Name changes must be done in person. Go to Shuster Hall, Rm. 102.

Semester Information

  • When is a grade of "WD" and/or "W" assigned to a course?
    If you drop a course during the first week of classes, the course will be deleted from your transcript. If you drop a course during the 2nd and 3rd week of classes, a grade of WD will be assigned to the course. The "WD" grade will not affect your GPA. If you drop a course during the withdrawal period, a grade of “W” will be assigned to the course. The "W" grade will not affect your GPA.
  • How do I add or drop a course?
    To add a course, click on "Enroll Classes." To drop a course, click on "Drop Classes."
  • Do I have to inform the instructor when dropping or withdrawing from a course?
    No, the instructor will know when he/she gets the grade roster.
  • How do I get a grade changed?
    Students dissatisfied with the grade awarded in a course must first contact the instructor of that course. It is the instructor's sole judgment that determines the grade recorded with the Office of the Registrar. Viewt a current copy of the Lehman College Bulletin for details and limitations on the grade appeal process.
  • How can I get my TAP if I have accumulated 60 credits and declared a major past the deadline?
    Once a student fails to declare a major on or before a deadline, he/she loses TAP for that particular semester. There are no exceptions.
  • How do I receive an Enrollment Verification Letter?
    Students may visit Shuster Hall, Rm. 112 for information.

Last modified: Apr 28, 2017

  • Registrar Calendars
  • Office Hours & Locations
  • Transcript Information
  • Maps & Directions
Text Only Version of Site | Make This Website Talk