Skip to Main Content Skip to Main Navigation
search this website
Search This Website Click Here

Lehman College Logo Click Here to go back to Homepage

Office of the Registrar at Lehman College

Student Records

The Office of the Registrar maintains and processes all information pertaining to a student's academic record. This includes personal information, grades, Declaration of Academic Plan/ Sub-Plan, requests for record modifications and credit taken on permit.


For more detailed information on the ePermit process, click here. If you experience any issues, you may visit the Office of the Registrar, located in Shuster Hall 102, for assistance.

Declaration of Plans and/or Sub-Plans

(Majors, Minors, Advanced Certificates, Tracks, Concentrations, and Specializations)

Undergraduate students must declare a plan by the time they have earned/ transferred 60 credits. This is most important for students receiving financial aid; visit our Financial Aid website for detailed information. For Graduate students, the form can be obtained in our online forms section of our website. The form must be completed and signed by the current and new Program Advisor before returning to the Office of Graduate Studies located in Shuster 279. All completed forms must have all required signatures for processing.


iDeclare is the online Declaration of Academic Plan and/or Sub Plan workflow. This process allows students to initiate a request to declare or change their major and/ or minor online. Requests submitted online are reviewed by the appropriate departmental officials for approval and processing*. Click here for instructions on how to initiate an iDeclare request. 

Students can also check the status of a submitted request by logging onto iDeclare and click the “Status” option in the menu or check their Lehman College email for confirmation and alerts regarding their requests. iDeclare is now available to all undergraduate students, including second degree students.

Students who need to drop a major and/ or minor can do so by completing the Request to Drop Declared Second or Third Major, Minor or Advanced Certificate Form available on the Office of the Registrar website. All students must have one declared major on their record.

*Some departments may require students to make an in-person appointment before the iDeclare request is approved.

Name Changes 

Students must visit Shuster Hall 102 to initiate a change of name using the Personal Data Change Request Form and by providing two (2) types of appropriate legal documentation. One type of legal documentation must be either a Marriage Certificate, Passport, Annulment/Divorce Decree, Court Order, Social Security Card, Birth Certificate or the Certificate of Naturalization. The second must be a government issued Photo ID. Photocopies will not be accepted. 

Gender Changes

Students should befree to change their gender on all prior, present, and future college records at their discretion. In general, a student's gender is collected for statistical purposes. No documentation is required to change gender in CUNYfirst. The updated gender options in CUNYfirst are male, female, transgender, gender nonconforming, non-binary, a gender not listed, and not specified. Students may select the "a gender not listed" category when they believe that their gender identity is not one of the choices listed. "Not Specified" should be used when they wish to remove the gender notion altogether. Students should complete the Gender Change Request Form and submit it to Shuster Hall, Room 102.

As a cautionary note, gender change may create data mismatches if students have applied for federal finanical aid using a different gender. Therefore, students who change their gender in CUNYfirst should contact the Financial Aid Office to inform them of the change. In addition, students should contact the Social Security Administration to prevent any problems with data mismatches between SSA records and information on file with the United States Department of Education (DOE), which administers federal financial aid programs. While CUNY does not require documentation of gender identity, there may be documentation requirements at these agencies.

Preferred Name 

CUNY recognizes the importance that a change of name might have to students during their time with the University. A preferred name is not a legal name, but is generally used to change how others refer to you. For this purpose, students may identify a preferred name to be recorded in the student system. No documentation is required to have a preferred name recorded. Documents and records that may display a preferred name include, among other things, course rosters, student identification cards, student email addresses, and other documents issued by the University. A preferred name will not be reflected on, among other things, a student's official academic record, diploma, or transcript. To change the name that is displayed/reflected on official academic record, diploma, or transcript students must follow the instructions on the Personal Data Change Request Form available in the Office of the Registrar. Official and legal name changes require specific documentation outlined on that form.

For instructions on how to update your preferred name in CUNYfirst, click here.

Changes Due to Typographical Errors

When a student requests a name change due to a typographical or other error in University records, the student’s request should be granted after verification that the name change is due to such error. Documents that can assist a college in making this determination include any of the documents listed as appropriate for a name change.

National ID and Address Changes 

Change/correction of National ID must also be done in person accompanied by an original, signed Social Security Card or Taxpayer Identification Number (if student does not have a Social Security number) and Photo ID.

For address changes, students may submit their request in person as well as in CUNYfirst Student Center. Students using Self-Service in CUNYfirst will only have access to change their billing, mailing and home address types. To change their permanent address, they must submit the request in Shuster Hall 102.

For instructions on how to update your personal information (Address, Phone Number, and Email) on CUNYfirst, click here.

First semester students should report to the Admissions Office, Shuster Hall 161 to change their address.