Skip to Main Content Skip to Main Navigation
search this website
search this website

Lehman College Logo Click Here to go back to Homepage

Finanical Aid Office at Lehman College

Transferring Student

Application Process

The application process for almost all federal, state, local and college financial aid programs begins with the filing of a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) application. Once you have completed the FAFSA application, you should then be directed to complete the NYS TAP Application. If you were not directed to the NYS website, please click here to begin the TAP Application.

Follow these 4 steps to help you through the Financial Aid process:

1. Get a FSA ID in order to sign your FAFSA application. If you are a dependent student, your parent will need one as well.

2. Complete the FAFSA application.

3. If you already completed your FAFSA application, log on and make sure the Lehman College School Code (007022) was listed. If not, please include our school code so we may be able to process your aid.

4. Submit any required documents (you can view this in your CUNYfirst Tasks and Holds section)

5. Check your Financial Aid status (you can view this in your CUNYfirst Student Center)

6. You will need a Major declared once you earn 60 or more credits in order to receive your Financial Aid. Declare your Major if you have earned 60 or more credits towards your Degree requirements.